Named after the St. Anthony waterfall, “the true founder of the city,” the St. Anthony East Neighborhood is known for it’s beautiful churches and homes. It is also home to the annual Northeast Farmers Market, and the Summer Street community garden.
St. Anthony East is already pretty fantastic… and they are working on a small area plan to make it even better. Do you want to sit on the steering committee? If so, you can find out more by visiting here: saenaminneapolis.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/do-you-want-to-help-shape-the-future-of-st-anthony-east
We’re excited that the proposed date for the Northeast Ride falls on the same day as another awesome event – the Farmers Market annual Corn & Brat feed! We’re planning some fun activities for the St. Anthony East part of the route – and You Can Help Make the Northeast Ride Happen!
Right now, we’ve got 6 awesome backers and are inching our way towards our goal. In addition to visiting the kickstarter page and making a pledge, you can help get the word out by doing the following:
- Sharing our on Facebook: facebook.com/NortheastRide
- Following us on Twitter or retweeting our posts: twitter.com/#!/northeastride
- Sharing our site: northeastride.org
Thanks for your help!
- A fantastic walking tour of St. Anthony East: minneapolis81.com
- St. Anthony East Neighborhood Association Website: saenaminneapolis.wordpress.com
- Northeast Farmers Market Website: northeastmarket.org
- Bjorn Christianson’s Website (image above): bjornery.com
- Amy Toscani’s NEMAA member page nemaa.org/artist.php?member_uid=1512