Historic St. Anthony West (another one of my favorite NE neighborhoods!) is located on the Mississippi riverfront. It is just a short walk from the heart of downtown Minneapolis. The neighborhood is home to several landmark riverfront revival efforts, including B.F. Nelson Park and Boom Island Park, as well as the Ukrainian Event Center and numerous churches. An active core of community volunteers works to promote neighborhood livability, park activities, well-maintained homes, riverfront enhancements, and award-winning gardens.
From late Spring to early Fall, St. Anthony West is also home to the Northeast Farmer’s Market! We’re planning the tour for June 2, which is coincidentally a big event day at the Market. If everything works out well, we’ll be doing some collaboration on a fun, tasty activity for folks participating in the tour.
Can you help make it happen?
We appreciate all your help getting the word out and generating excitement about the tour. It’s this kind of energy that will get the ride going and make it a great event for Northeast Minneapolis to be proud of!
- St. Anthony West Neighborhood Organization Page: www.stawno.org
- Northeast Farmer’s Market Site: northeastmarket.org
- Angela Lundberg’s website (photograph featured above): aclundberg.com/#1797037/N-E-Minneapolis
And don’t forget – you can also help by getting the word out!
- Facebook: facebook.com/NortheastRide
- Twitter: twitter.com/#!/northeastride
- Our site: northeastride.org
- and the kickstarter page! kickstarter.com/projects/purenoumena/celebrate-northeast-minneapolis-with-the-ne-ride?ref=video